PRICE ON CORE-AERATION

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Aug 26, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

WHATS THE GOING RATE FOR CORE-AERATION AND WERE ARE YOU FROM.
    ANTHONY

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Core aeration $10 per 1,000 sq is what most charge. Some a litle higher.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

$12 per 1000 with 5000 min. Located in NC just outside Charlotte. With fescue seed and fert $24.00 per 1000, discounts above 10,000 sf.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We normally charge 3 times more than what it costs the customer for their grass cutting. Sometimes 4 times more depending upon the terrain.
    Located here in PA. Don't know if we are too high or too low, but so far our price hasn't been questioned.

Jodi

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

KIRBY; DO YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK WITH SEEDING AFTER AERATION.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Yep, unless a hurricaine comes through, like last year. :( The aerated lawns lost seed, the aeravated lawns faired much better.

7. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Im in Md. & I charge 4x the mow price. Never had someone say "thats too much".
    SJR Lawncare

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We charge 3 times the mowing charge, sometimes 4 times as much depending on how many obsticles there are in the way here in the Chicago area.

9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i charge 6 times the mow price for aeration and overseeding.

10. Got a second question in regard to this post. How many of you remove the cores after you aerate?? Doesn't it screw up your machines if you try to pulverize using your machines?

First time I have a client have their lawns aerated and they leave the plugs there, let them know in the future i will charge them for removal. Second time, guess who get's a bill?
    John