Price on exmark lazer 52" demo $4000 OK?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger520, Sep 30, 2002.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

My dealer has a exmark 52" Lazer with 100 hours on it and he wants $4000.00 if the machine is in exceptional condition is it worth the money. The dealer charges a cleaning fee if the machine comes back dirty from the user so you can imagine the condition.

2. is it a full size lazer or a lazer z hp?Either way id jump on it at that price 100 hours aint nothing.

We picked up a lazer z hp with 55 hours and paid 5800$

3. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I rented an Exmark when my scag was down. No comparison... The Ex was twice as fast and gave a much better cut. I don't remember the model, but it had a 52" cut and a rather short wheelbase. With the bagging kit the price was $8100.

4. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

$4000 for any Laser with 100 hours on it is a steal ........

5. deason

deason LawnSite Member

You better get that deal b/4 some one else does!!!!

6. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I paid $7500 a couple months ago for mine. I know the price was a little high but it was 0 down 0 interest for 12 months too. But anyway I just passed 100 hours the other day and my machine is perfect. $4k is almost half of what I paid and I would have taken that deal in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Could there be something defective with the machine?

7. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

ranger,

Where did you find a deal like that? Does he have any more!! I'm in MN also and my dealer just had a Lazer Z HP 52" demo with 136 hours on it for $6749 and it had some nasty scuff marks on it and a chip out of the chute.

Just remember the old saying: "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"

Keep us posted,

Joel B.

8. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Where at? I want to buy it.:D

9. Kubota

Kubota LawnSite Member

Gas or Diesel? If it's diesel, YES, YES, YES!!! If it's gas, perhaps. Don't only look at upfront cost, also look at down the road. Gas will require more maitenence (from my experience) and cost more to opperate daily. So to answer your question, depends on how you look at it.

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

thats a bad deal. i better come up and inspect it for u. lets see long island.
    by the way u didnt mention that ole bad dealers name.:D ;)