price on exmark rider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsaunders, Oct 7, 2002.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Went and looked at an exmark z for the first time today. Dealer didn't seem to friendly but could have been having a bad day. How's this price $9900 exmark z 27 liquid cooled 60'' with ultra- vac (3 bag system). First time checking out exmark hows the price or could it be lower? Only other problem- can only demo mower on the dealers side lawn:mad: and mower has 8.4 hours on meter:confused: Thanks for your help Joel
  2. Minnesota

Minnesota LawnSite Member

sounds like a good deal to me just bought one

last week 8699.50 for 60" lazer z 27 not liquid

cooled 1549.50 for ultra vac 2003 model no

hours. best purchase i ever made love it
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

8.4 hours on a small side lot and the dealer wasn't friendly? i don't like that recipe already. anyone else close to you that sells exmark?
  4. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

what is up with these dealers that don't allow demo's? My dealer went out of his way for me and said I could take out any piece of machinery they had out for a day or two. When I found something I liked I bought it from him. Maybe could have bought somewhere else a little cheaper but I wanted to have the service behind the sale.
  5. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

Those sound like words of wisdom to me. I even went to Exmark's website (they have a link on the main page-that way gets credit) and did a dealer search by zip code. I even used a different zip code to find other dealers not close to my home (the zip code I used is the area that our work is in).

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

That seems like a real good price! It is a 2002? Right? I paid $8495 (Fall 2000) for my '01 model and $1800 (Fall of 2001) for the Ultra-Vac for it. So your price of $9900 seems pretty good, as I'm sure prices have gone up over the past 2 years.

As for demo's. Once that machine is DEMOed, its technically a USED mower! Would you want to buy a "supposedly" new mower that has 8-10 hrs use on it for FULL price? A lot of times its up to the distributor to arrange Demo loaners. Unless I go to a field day, my dealer really frowns upon getting a brand new machine all dirty for me to hot rod around on.

Minnesota... You said "just bought one

last week 8699.50 for 60" lazer z 27 not liquid

cooled" What exactly is a "not liquid cooled lazer z 27"?

I do know that in the 2003 model year that some other engines will surface that would fall under your description of your engine, but so far as I know, they're not out yet.
  7. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

The machines that I demoed had around 100 hr on them. They use them as well for replacement equipment when commercial cutters are having work done on their machines. Also my dealer is franchised by a few other local companies so they can share equipment for demoing purposes.
  8. Minnesota

Minnesota LawnSite Member

what i ment to say was that i have a
    2003 60" eXmark Lazer 27hp Kawasaki
    and no its not liquid cooled its just a
    regular z sorry for the confusion
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Don't be sorry! :rolleyes: Your confusing me even more? What is this 27hp Kawasaki AIR COOLED engine? I've not seen or heard of one yet? Sure you dont have a 25hp?

So is anything new on the '03's that we don't know about?
  10. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Sounds good to me. A 52 zhp 23 kawi when all said and done is around $9200 with the ultravac brand new. To me thats a steal haha.