Price on Ferris IS 1000 52" vs Lazer Hp 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richm23, Feb 27, 2002.

1. richm23

richm23 LawnSite Member

I appreciate all the help on the price of these machines for the 2002 year. Any recomendations on one or the other. Thanks alot.

I ahve already done a search and for the most part it was very outdated.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

As far as the Ferris, some people like them, some don't. I couldn't say for certain.

On the other hand, I have the Lazer HP 52". I've been running it since y2k. Only things I've done to it is oil changes, hydro change, 1 belt, and muffler recall. It cuts awesome. I run the mulch kit on it during grass season and have the ultra vac for leaf season.

The eXmark guys are great. They will go out of their way to help with any questions. They have a lot of pride in their company and their products. They should, they've done an excellent job!

3. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

I'm glad someone has asked this question. I was wondering the same thing. I know very little about both mowers.

4. I have played on them little guys for a while.

Ferris is like lifting weights all day.

eXmark what else compairs?

Kohler

Have you looked at Gravely also?

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a new Exmark 52" Lazer hp. I agree with 65hoss about Exmark. With trade, mine was about $5800.00 out the door. I took advantage of Exmarks 3.9% for 12 months. I have always been an Exmark fan and if they continue the way they are, I will be for life. This might not help you much, but it's what I believe. I feel no matter what you buy, dealer support is very important and so far Exmark has done an excellent job in that area. Good luck and like guys here say... demo, demo, demo.