1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price on Gravely stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GLLawns, Feb 8, 2007.

1. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

Hi all, New to the site and had a few questions. First I am going to purchase a new mower in the next month or so and was wondering if anyone has a price on the Graveley pro-stance48, and the quality of it? I did read one thread that said it compared to the Great Dane brand, so which one is cheaper you think? I have never used a stander so I know nothing about them, just that I would like to increase my production times without having to buy a Ztr. I currently use a 48in Lesco beltdrive and am even considering another Lesco 48 but in a hydro model. Any help would be greatly appreciated so that I can weigh my options before dropping a small fortune on my new equipment. Almost forgot, I want to stay around $5000.00 if possible. Thanks again Brian
  2. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

here in FL the 52 adjustable deck was $6k out the door ... the gravely and dane should cut the same since the machine is fabricated and assembled by the same company (simply diff paints)

i bought a lesco 52 w/ sulky and i already am looking to upgrade to a stander as i am to crouched over the handles to be comfortable ... not to mention the fatigue pistol grips give u over the comfort and ease of lever steering units
  3. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that unit is $4995 from Great Dane. They are the same thing with different paint. Any price difference should be with in $100 I would think.
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely list prices are higher by just a bit, but i'm willing to bet that any Gravely Dealer could match a Dane price.

Good machine and you should be happy.

JUST an FYI. If you are looking to stay around 5k, the 52 with the 19hp is where you'll end up. Witht he Rebate, Dane is at 4999. Gravely is slightly higher, but i'm sure they can match it.

I was told today that starting next year, Gravely will be running their speced decks on these units with their own style controls. We'll have to see. That came from a Dane rep at a trade show. The Dane guys seemed to be a little bumbed the Gravely is selling their machine. Who knows what they are gonna say.