Price on mowing an acre

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Edmunds64, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Edmunds64

Edmunds64 LawnSite Member

Could someone give me help on bidding a 87 acre twice a month mow price? Very level no trees little trimming just a lot of mowing. What is the going price per acre? Thank you.

2. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

probably around 15 an acre if it is one piece of land.
    the schools are bid at about 15 an acre here

3. Holleywood

Holleywood LawnSite Member

That's a lot of mowing, here in Ohio I can normally get around 55 an acre

4. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't Know how much to charge but wow that is a lot of mowing! How many mowers are you going to run? and what mowers do you have?

5. dc33

dc33 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

with that much land theres alot to consider,but if you can get 3acres/hr and knock it out is 29 hours I wouldnt touch it for any less than $2200. And being twice a month taking up that much time, $2500 minimum....and I would still need to find a way to justify taking up that much time, that much abuse, and only being 15 or so cuts a year. Definitely get a 2 or 3 year contract too!!

6. lawnservicellc

lawnservicellc LawnSite Member
    from TN

DC33 is on the money, I try to make $1275 a day with a 3 man crew. Just off my numbers and assuming just mowing we would be around $2550 or $29.31 an acre. There is a lot to consider though, I can do 30 -35 residential yards a day with that crew, this would upset my opperation every other 2 weeks until I could fill up the other days of those weeks. If you have to purchase a larger machine I would not bid it. Good luck if you do bid it and win it!

7. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

That much land requires a tractor and some batwings. You can get it down to about 16 hours plus mobilzation.

Still would not go below 20 an AC even with the right equipment

8. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

This is why LS needs a newbie section.

9. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured he would need a tractor I'm not dumb I was just curious
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Lmatt57

Lmatt57 LawnSite Member

A good tractor and a 18' batwing is the only way to go. Going off your info. I would say you should mow 10/acre an hour. I would start at $30pr acre. First time through will take longer , but after that you should do about 10/acres pr hr.