price on removal of tree

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by HoffmanLawnCare, Jul 1, 2006.

1. HoffmanLawnCare

HoffmanLawnCare LawnSite Member

wondering what price range any of you would charge to take down this tree and remove all the wood from the property, any help would be great. thanks!

SSPX0004.JPG

SSPX0005.JPG

2. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

i would charge 800. but i have a dump site. if you have to pay to dump or need a chipper, charge more. also charge more for the stump grinding. you should be able to drop it and cut.

3. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

How are you going to take them down? bucket,are you a climber,notch and flop (bad idea)?
    Secondly what about the brush? Chipper or do you need to haul it away and dispose of it? If so how?
    I'm a climber and just off the cuff for take down chipping and removal of wood I'd say about $450. I'ts really hard to judge without actualy seeing them.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Prolly 1000 for it from what i can see in the pic. How many inches is the trunk of that thing?

5. HoffmanLawnCare

HoffmanLawnCare LawnSite Member

i'm going to be dropping it, chopping up into pieces and hauling away to a dump site. the trunk is about 2 feet wide and the stump grinding i'm going contract out.

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks Photoshopped...Just delete it ;)

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I likely wouldn't fool with it because my Insurance does not cover me for tree work, that's like a 6- 8 thousand pound tree or more.

It probably wouldn't fall on that house but I'd still be for branching it down just because when that thing falls in one piece, every single thing under the trunk will be under a lot of pressure and also it is more likely to tear up the turf. With a small saw like the 210, it wouldn't be a problem climbing that thing without gear, the branches are so close together that if you fall it would hurt and take some skin off, but most likely it would not kill you. It's the big of it all that concerns me, the main trunk...

Debris-wise, unchipped you're looking at 20-30 cubic yards minimum, so at least four 6x12 trailer loads.
    Chipped, at least one but maybe two F-350 dump loads.

Price-wise, it's all the same whether you haul it away chipped or not, basically.

You want it bad enough, I'd quote at least 800 but a grand wouldn't bother me.
    That way, since I don't have a chipper, I'd plan on loading a trailer in the am and another in the pm, two loads / day, two days gets four loads done and hopefully that takes care of it... But if it doesn't and it takes 3 days and 6 loads, then a k still covers it halfway.
    If you're not so lucky and it takes eight 6x12 loads, well then it's 250 / day... I'd still work for that but it's not much fun anymore.

I still don't think I'd fool with it myself, just looks risky, dunno, maybe...

8. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Don't touch it for less than $1,500- $1,800, if they really want it to come down, they'll pay it.
    Its kinda hard to tell the actual size of that tree, in the first pic it looks huge as hell, but in the second pic it looks smaller

*This estimate is off the first pic
    I'd tell the customer just like this, " Your looking at least $1,500-$1,800, I have to come in with a boom lift, 2 guys, a stump grinder, and dump all of the debris, which should be several loads.

$200- rounded 2 guys pay
    $250- boom lift (optional, you could climb and cut)
    $150 stump grinder
    $100 dump fee
    +---------------
    $700 just to do the job with the boom lift

$450 without the lift

You should try to leave that job with $1,000 in your pocket, while you smile and drive off:waving:

But, I really couldn't say for sure unless I seen the tree in a real life scale!

9. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

plenty of room there to flop it over whole, limb it, buck it into chunks a couple guys can haul off. Get a couple min. wage labourers to clean up the mess and you will be out of there before the day is over.

10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

$600-$700. 2 guys, 1/2 days work. That tree isn't that big. Look at the house for scale. I betcha I wouldn't even be the low bid.