price on rental storage/shop sapce

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kickin sum grass, Dec 14, 2005.

1. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

Who rents space for storage/shop areas? What size and how much is it costing a month?

2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I rent a storage garage in an old manufacturing plant that was converted to rentals, storage,office space, etc. The garage is 12'x20' with a 8' wide overhead door and I pay 215.00 a month. This price is about the going rate for my area, .90 sq. ft. The prices you will hear are going to vary by the area. The demand is so high it gets rented shortly after it is vacated. The nice thing about our space it is only 2 minutes from the house. Matt

3. Rayray

Rayray LawnSite Member

$85 for a 10x20 with 8ft doors,, only problem is I wouldnt be able to put a trailer bigger than a 5x10 thru the door

4. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Oops, I meant 12x30 and .60 per sq. ft. It was a long day. Matt

5. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

If you've got the room and an enclosed tralier just keep it in there and just back the rear door up to something so it can't open an dtry to do the same for the side door.

6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I rent a 15x30 warehouse/shop for $250/mo. It usually goes up 10-15% every March. I may stay there another year and look elsewhere in '07 since room is becoming sparse.

7. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I rent 2 12'x25' storage garages at 135.00 each. Looking to be building my own shop by february

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i'm envious of you guys, storage here is around $1/sq and its never anywhere convienent.

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, a 10x20 around here is in the low $200's...mine went up from $214 to $235 in Sept.

A 10x30 is well over $300 :dizzy:

10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We rent two shops from an old farmer who doesn't use them any more. Each are about 20' wide, 45' deep, and 40' high. They have shelves, electric, work benches, and we have use of some of his old machinery (e.g. metal chop saws, air compressor, etc.) We pay $100 per month for each bay / shop. It's a great deal!