Price on replacing plastic edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by WEEDEATER, Jan 20, 2003.

1. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

How do you guys price replacing plastic edging, and much per foot. Where do you get edging at wholesale prices in Milwaukee area.

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If you can go with a bed edger than metal or plastic edging. it,s look better.

3. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Whatever you do, don't use that plastic edging. It never stays in right and it looks like crap. Talk them into something else. Good luck.

4. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

Where do you get metal edging from?

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Plastic edging looks OK if price is of concern. I use contrators grade (Lowes or local landscape supply) and stake it every 6 ft. I use the claw of a claw hammer to cut channel in ground and hope no roots get in way (ax). Brick paver or good rock looks better though. I charge by hour ($45.00 hr. here)

6. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Valley View and Oly-Ola are two good quality plastic edgings. You can probably locate a distributor from their web sites. You have to be careful that the edging is able to stand up to the sun. That is what I meant by good quality. Plastic edging does not thrill me, but your customer wants it, so it is not wrong.