1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

price on used garvely pro150

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tmzeiger, Aug 20, 2003.

1. tmzeiger

tmzeiger LawnSite Member

I have an opportunity to buy a weel cared for used walk behind - gravely pro150
    50" deck, 15hp kohler...5 years old
    asking $1500 - is this a good price?
  2. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The mower wasn't much more than that brand new. I got mine for $2250.00. I am not a fan of the 50" formed Gravely deck. If you have to cut through thick grass, wet grass or crabgrass the mower will clump horribly.
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Richard, as usual beat me to punch when it comes to Gravely mower questions. Make sure you demo anything that you are considering buying on your accounts to see how the mower does.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Gravely Man,

Are you coming up to the Cookout and Competition?
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

my pro-50 does a fine job when its dry out, however when its wet it does clump a lot, and i get a lot of deck buildup.

i payed $900 for mine used off a dealer w/ a 14hp kawi and 50" deck. i think it was about 3-5 years old when i got it from him, and now i've had it for 4 years. it's very reliable so far i've only replaced the belts and blades, until this spring i stripped something in the transmission, ordered a new one on-line and was mowing again for $200 in the tranny. overall i don't think i'd ever sell it, just hang onto it for a backup mower.