price per acre lawn care

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JEFF ZALMANOFF, Nov 25, 2001.

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

just wanted to know what most of you charge to mow ,trim ,edge and blow off on 3 to 6 acre mini farms -estates . i know some i do have fences some have 400 ft drive ways some have 50 trees etc then are all different . i am in central florida and i have been charging $ 25.00 a acre for almost all of them some with tons of trimming i add $15.00 extra to the total price . just wanted to know want others . are doing thanks ........
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I have charged anywhere from $30/acre for flat wide open easy mowing to $55/acre for lots of obstacles and a higher degree of difficulty.

I have a property that I was maintaining this past fall for $165/cut for 5.5 acres that took just under 2.5 hrs. I also had a site that was the highest degree of difficulty and it was $175/cut for 3 acres.

Hope this helps.
  3. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

yeah were in the area with cuttincrew maybe a little higher we price by the 1000 with the diffaculty factored in
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

In this area, the going rate for a nicely landscaped 1 acre lot is 70.00 assuming all or most of it can be mowed with a 50" - 60" ztr type machine. If it involves a large amount of trimming or edging, the price would go up $10 - $20 .:)
  5. where im at the people who hire an acre or more are most times the rich.IF its in the richest village we have charged 100 an acre and that to our surpise was the lowest bid on three different properties .But in most areas around here its 45 a half acre as that by far is what most people have