Price per acre

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by muxx, Mar 16, 2001.

1. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

Doing a survey as to what most companys charge for lawn mowing by the acre, to give me an idea as to how to charge, of course it is based alot on where we are located.
  2. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Well In south central Indiana...guys with no insurance not paying taxes and using a ranch king get about $10.00 per acre....Good luck
  3. dhicks

dhicks Member

Approximately b/w $75.00 and $100.00 per acre depending on the neighborhood.
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW! Wish I leved nearer to you DHicks...I'd say $45/acre in the Philly burbs and that's overbidding the competition.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

45 an acre.....not including large multi acre complexes
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

The acre thing dont do much for me ,to many variables.
    For 1 acre flat smooth cut every wk.35 dollars.
    But there arnt any of those around here.Put a house
    trees drive and flowers 45 dollars .Every wk cut or contract
  7. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

I just received a call from a guy that I had placed bids on several of his properties. He had just over 5 acres combined. There would have been close to 4 hrs of trimming plus the blowing off of the side walks. I bid the job at $35 an acre and lost it to some honyack who bid it at $15.50 an acre including trimming and blowing it off. Talk about a disappointment.
  8. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

$45.00 per acre
  9. Just bid a property with 8 acres, not very much trimming, the bid was $395.00 per cutting. I questioned if this was enough. This calculates to $49.375/acre. I know about the guy quoting 15.50/acre, we just lost a large contract to some of those guys. The best thing is these guys won't last, when the Murray breaks they won't have the money to do the repairs.

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't think of touching an acre for anything less than $50 bucks, add a house and beds up the price again.