Price per acre?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mojob, Oct 29, 2006.

1. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I'm putting together some bids for next season and was wondering what I'll have to pay for weed control. I hope to have my applicators license by then but if I don't I'll have to sub it out. Do you think the local spray guys would be willing to just do the weed control apps. and allow me to apply the fertilizer or will they want to do all or nothing? Which ever the case, what am I looking at per acre? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how many applications would be the norm?
  2. mojob

Anybody? A little help.
  3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

add up the total acres you plan to do the apps. on, then put together your listing of service, ( how many apps per year, what, when and how much) then go to the local suppliers give them the list to look over and to offer you suggestions and prices, after you have that, get your liability insurance quote ( be sure it includes pest) at least 1mil maybe 2 depends on who your clients are. figure out your overhead from there and add on your expected profit. after you have all the cost ( don't forget mix and load, pick up of supplies, windshield time from stop to stop, equipment ect.) take your total number devide it by the amount of acres or 1000 sq foot which ever you prefer and there is your price per 1000 or acre, now pad it for errors or to cover possible sub work and there you have it. hope I didn't miss any thing.
    I am not from your area and have no clue what the market rates are near you.
  4. mojob

Hey Steve thanks for the reply. The info that I really need is what I'll expect to pay a sub to treat per acre. There's a good chance that I won't have my license by next season. A ballpark figure is all I need just to make sure the local subs aren't sticking it to me. Also, the average number of treatments you spray guys do on each property. Thanks for any help you guys can give.