Price per fixture

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Edgewater, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Hello,

I see may people on here saying that there proposals run in the 200-300 per fixture range.

How many fixtures does this reflect?

I often hit 350-450 for small 10-15 fixture jobs. Do you guys always charge full retail for the fixtures? Here, a CAST fixtures run 160 for bullets and low 200's for path light. The well lights are at 275, fixtures alone.

Just wondering.

2. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Good question, but best not to quote prices (not even retail) nor pricing strategies in this forum since homeowners see them.

An unwanted question to get from a homeowner is 'how much are you charging me per fixture?' Homeowners tend not to understand the value of the lighting design and the need for contractors to make a good living from their profession.

3. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Edgewater,
    If you would like to discuss this topic in more detail. Get involved with the AOLP Assoc. of Outdoor Lighting Professionals www.lvlia.com
    ~Ned

4. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

To further clarify your point Ned:

Edgewater, as Steve pointed out this is not the place to discuss prices as this forum can be viewed by the public. What Ned is eluding to is a private forum where members of the AOLP can share information in much more depth. There, you can spill your guts if you wish. We can talk about money, collection methods, crappy customers, etc...

In Canada, you guys seem to be able to receive a bit higher amount than the majority of us Americanos. This may be due to higher cost of materials, cost of living (which I don't know if it's higher or lower) or the fact that you can only operate 5-6 months per year due to ice and snow.
    Regardless, we can answer most of your questions if you keep them vague and general. If you want to ask specific questions not appropriate for the site, PM someone and ask behind closed doors (so to speak).
    Hope I helped in some small way :)

5. NightLightingFX

Chris,
    Thanks for clarifying, I figured if I said too much my post would magically disapear.
    ~Ned

6. Chris J

Ha Ha! Be bold Ned! If they delete your post, oh well. I don't hold my tounge for anyone, anywhere; as you've probably noticed. God forbid that I ever get banned as some others have been. I'd then have just too much time to focus on building my biz. Damn, this site is costing me a fortune!

7. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Good clarification Chris! If you get banned i'm leavin too! :)
    Hey Ned ....... hope business is pickin up for!

Keith

8. Chris J

Thanks for the support Keith! Johnson for President 08! Anything but Obama!

9. NightLightingFX

Keith,
    For the moment things are looking optimistic, I will be getting money
    shortly from a hold-out on a job I completed (Damn those situations are stressfull-1st one and I learned from it), I will be working on a 5k project next week, I am working on commercial water fountain project that is moving forward swimmingly, I have a real neat opportunity for a golf course which I will know if I will be doing work for them this fall or in the spring at the end of this month, and I just got a great partner to help me grow my Holiday Lighting business. Thing look a lot better for the 2nd half of 2008 vs the 1st half this year.:cool2:
    ~Ned

10. Chris J

Ned, what do you mean "hold out?" Did the customer not pay you when expected?