1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Price per man hour

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by STIHL GUY, Oct 26, 2010.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

right now i have been charging cleanups by the man hour. i have a BR600 a 5HP WB blower 48'' mower and 16HP leaf loader. i was wondering what other people were charging per man hour for this kind of work...my of my clients are fine with paying $50 per man hour but recently some have been trying to get cleanups done cheaper. I will not work for free but i woud hate to see if and of my customers went elsewhere for fall cleanups.

So i guess the question here is what are you guys charging per man hour for fall cleanups??

2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

85................................................................................

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

by the job. it doesnt matter if theyre 10 an hour if they take 2 days to do it

4. ddixonlawncare

ddixonlawncare LawnSite Member

In my area there is a lot of competition from individuals who do not pay taxes. We are only able to charge 35-40 per man hour here. Depending on the person i will either give a price or charge 35-40 per man hour until the job is done. I also charge a leaf disposal fee for getting rid of the leaves. If someone wants me to give a fixed price i will bid on the high end to make sure that i make a profit. Leaf cleanup can be very time consuming and it is easy to misjudge the time it will take.