Price per square foot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stringman, Mar 19, 2006.

1. stringman

stringman LawnSite Member

New to Comerical bidding I split it up into about 8 squares one square was 246 times 57 = 14022 which I priced at 35$ using the price per square feet and then I went on to price each square, or could I add the total amount which is 2883532 added together which came out to be a acre and a half and I thought that price was low at 60$ an acre which route should I take help please

2. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a little confused. Is this one property? Are the squares connected to each other? I'm not sure about your math, either. An acre and a half is a little over 60,000 square feet. The figure you have there is around 70 acres.

The thing is, if you charge $35 for 14k sq ft, you can't just take that as your price per sq ft. and multiply it out by however many squares you have. A sub-acre property is going to go for more than your "per acre" price. A multiple acre property might get a lower rate, especially if it's basically tree-free and flat.

Assuming the property is all one piece, figure out the total area, multiply it by your per-acre price, then add $ to account for trees, trimming, what have you. You need to get a handle on the math, and don't sweat it so much.