Price per yard of Mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kaegilandscaping, Sep 1, 2010.

1. kaegilandscaping

kaegilandscaping LawnSite Member

On average how much do companies charge for one cubic yard? What about 5 cubic yards. What my company charges is $95 per yard which includes edging, weeding, preening, and the mulch. Delivery charge included. Just wondering what other companies charge?

2. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $50, but probably will be going up next year. I did it this past year just to get my name out there a little more. Low bid the flower beds to pick up the recurring lawns. Of course, prices are going to be different based on the area, supply and all sorts of other stuff. If you make money off of it, I'm pretty sure that's all that matters.

3. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Don't be a lowballer !!

4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

55 a yard, if i have to prep the bed its a little more!

5. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I don't tell anyone but my clients what I charge so I'm only posting to get my post count up! :D

I think 95 is a good price, little more than I charge but it's good
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. B Gillespie

B Gillespie LawnSite Member

$55 per yard for maintained beds, $75-100/yd. or more for heavily landscaped or overgrown beds.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cut level

cut level LawnSite Senior Member

50 to 60 bucks per yard depending on the difficulty of getting it to the beds.

this is no bed prep just placement

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

preening?????

3x the cost of the mulch. plus delivery plus edging, plus weeding

9. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

$75/yd for dump and spread, $85 for hand spreading in flower beds. Edging or any other prep is extra.

10. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont give a flat price per yard or I would never make any money because people around here will do it for $40-60 a yard. I use to tell people $100 per yard but now I cant cant sell it that way so what I do is tell them I only charge $55 per yard to install the mulch but I charge $35 per man hour to edge and weed the beds, so in the end I will average anywhere from $90-$120 per yard.