Price question on big property, new at fertilizing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Travis E, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Like I said, I'm new to fertilizing but I have done some smaller lawns. I just did a 90,000 sq ft lawn with granular fertilizer, not sure of exact numbers but anyways I used a push spreader and took right around 2 hours which also included measuring it all out first.

What should I charge for labor? Is it like mowing where you say a dollar a min? If you don't want to say you can pm me.

Thanks

2. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

120 for 2 hours??? sure if you wanna work for free

3. Travis E

What should it be then? I have no real idea of fertilizing pricing but i'm trying to work my way into the market this year and get pesticide license next year so i don't have to just do straight fertilizer.

4. CuttingEdge LLC

CuttingEdge LLC LawnSite Member

A full treatment on a yard that size should be between $300-$400. Some can get away with $200-$250

fert only, no weed control or insect control, then $225 would be good

5. Travis E

that is including the chemical right? the 300-400

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

4.oo to 4.30 per m using a ride on spreader

7. CuttingEdge LLC

yes this is what should be charged. Then minus fert, pesticides, herbicides, and overhead and the profit is what's left over..

8. Travis E

a question for you then, how long would it take to put down 90,000 sq ft, just say everything is square and trees are all in lines with hardley any obsticals.

Sorry if im being a pain, just trying to learn so i don't lowball it.

9. CuttingEdge LLC

I know you asked him but if you are pushing not riding then it should take you about 90 mins. roughly 1 min per thousand.

10. Travis E

thats probably about right, 90 mins because i had to measure it out first and then blow everything off