Price Question On Hustler Mini FasTrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dafreak, Feb 20, 2006.

1. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

I just a quote from some dealers in a 3 state area (I am within driving distance of all). Here is the quote for a 2006 model:

36" Kohler $3216.
    36" Honda $3629.
    42" Kohler $3464.
    42" Honda $3876.

He said 10% off of those prices for a new 2005 model. It seems like a good deal but I need some feedback. Also, should I wait a few weeks to see if Hustler comes out with any rebates, etc?

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Those are some great prices!

3. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Is the Honda motor worth the extra money? What about the 42" over the 36"? I have about an acre to mow with quite afew trees, brick walls, fences, etc. Any help is appreciated.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Honda is worth the extra money, it is a very smooth running engine, and it is a v-twin, so it is a bit quieter also.
    If you can fit the 42" unit everywhere you need to I wouldnt hesitate to buy it, it will get the job done faster and also gives you more trim capabilities (less work with the weed eater).

Pj

5. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

mc,
    i was checking the specs on the 16 honda vs the 17 kohler. Hustler list the honda as having 31.7 lbs/ft of maximum torque (i think this has changed from the older literature) and the kohler as having 27.9 lbs/ft of maximum torque. the honda site list the torque as 26.9 ft/lbs @ 2500 rpm for the gxv 530. at the kohler site the 17hp courage (sv 530) is spec'd at 30.8 lbs/ft @ 2200 rpm are these the motors that are on the mft? if so, who is right?

dafreak,
    the kohler is a great motor, that is what i have on my mft. it is a little "lumpy" at low throttle, but it is fine at cutting speed. the warranty is a little better on the honda if you use it commercially. either way, get the 42" if it will fit through all of your openings. it has much more trim capability.
    you WILL love either one!!!!!!

6. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Any idea how would I go about buying one of these now if I wanted to demo the unit first on my property?

7. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Also, I just came across this quote from another forum. I assume it is an isolated incident?

"A friend of mine bought a new unit (Hustler) last summer and experienced carburetor fouling which turned out to be guck coming out of the fuel tank. The dealer has the mower now. Assume it will be resolved under warranty but would like to hear if anyone else has heard anything about problems with fuel tanks on new Hustlers."

8. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Remember with the 42" deck, the left side of the deck has a little better trim capability. I usually advise my customers that if you have a fence line or several obstacle's in the lawn the 42" will trim closer to the object leaving little to no trim work left!

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will look into this and find out.

Pj

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ask your dealer to demo it for you on your property.
    If he does not do this ask him to have his rep bring a demo unit for you to demo.
    If that doesn't work e-mail me.

Pj