Price Quote for Hustler Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLH, Mar 4, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I was just quoted a price for a new Super Z as follows:

$7900 60 inch--Kohler 27

$8150 72 inch--Kohler 27

How do these prices compare to what others are paying for same mowers?

I could use either size, is it worth the extra $250 for the 72 in?

It seems a small difference for the advantage of the 72 in.

Thanks for advice.
  2. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

Is anyone willing to help me?

I read here daily but don't post unless I need help or have input that would be helpful to others.

Hope I'm not expecting to much.
  3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good price to me for the 60. I haven't priced out the larger but with the 27hp, I think I got a price of 8399.00 in MA.

Be patient with the replies, it's Friday afternoon and hopefully everyone is out having a drink!
  4. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

7900 is a great price for the 60in. My dealer quoted me 8199.

In terms of cut width, you have to evaluate your accounts in order to make that decision. Also consider the space on the trailer. One thing that may or may not apply is that the 72 has same power as 60 but has to cut 12 more inches of grass. It is possible that some times you may have to decrease your cutting speed in order to achieve the same quality of cut as the 60, so even though you are gaining width you are losing power per inch of cut which may or may not effect overall efficiency. Something to think about. Hope that helps
  5. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

also I just looked at the specs on the 72in and the actual cut width is 69in not 72.
  6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would consider $7900 to be a good price. We priced one the other day and it was $8000.
  7. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

with the rebates going on and the finace programs hustlers are lower than anything i have in my showroom.i also sell exmark,dixie chopper.if you need a new mower this year you should look long and hard at the hustler they even have rebates on the walk behind now.
  8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I would say it is a great price. I will have to pay 8,300 for one.
  9. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Local dealer to me sells them for $7200.00 everyday of the year. Super Z 60" with the 27hp Honda
  10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

You mean 27hp Kohler ?