Price Quote Navigator

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by N&CLandscaping, Jul 30, 2006.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

How much would a New Navigator Be with a 42" Deck and 27hp?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello N&CLandscaping,
    As you already know the deck and Traction unit are listed seperate.
    The 27 hp Kohler Command Navigator lists for $9300 and the 42" deck is $2099.
    The 20 hp Kohler Command lists for $8300 and the 48" deck is $2199.
    http://exmark.com/navigator.htm
    Thanks Brian

3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Give me a shout at the shop tomorrow. I'm off today but I can run through prices with you and help you save a few bucks. If you are interested in financing, check out the post about the fall plans they just put up here. I haven't even seen them yet.

4. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I understand that Exmark took all the bad out of the Walker and added all the good to come up with the Navigator. BUT,, How in the world do you justify charging about $11,000 for a 48" w/20hp motor. Thats crazy.

You can still buy the Walker with a 48" deck and 20hp for about $8500

I know exmark improved on it but who can justify spending almost $2000 more??????

Just my 2ยข

5. Hurricane Lawn

Hurricane Lawn LawnSite Member
    from alabama

Find a good dealer. Believe it or not I walked out the door with a 20hp 42" for under 9 grand.

6. tallimeca

Walker vs Navigator

First, the 20hp is not 11k. Most dealers sell it closer to 10k.

Walker is a good machine. It's been around a long time and it's proven to some extent. The problem is they have held patterns for a long time that have expired, letting Exmark in the back door to use similar, but better designs. Most Walker owners complain about the durability of their frame, and how flimsy their decks are. The most important part of a lawn mower is the deck, and in my opinion, that is where Walker lacks. My customers bend up the sides left and right, and even with shear pins, it causes damage.

You must realize that the Navigator comes through with the larger hopper, and heavy duty gearboxes STANDARD, which are options on a Walker.

Comparison.

26 hp EFI with 48inch deck with 9 bushel bag. Every dealer around here is 10,599. Alot are higher. Add in the Van Ruden gearbox upgrade, which is equivelant to what Exmark uses standard......another 300 dollars.

Exmark Promo Price is 11,499 for a 27hp 48 inch Navigator. This price is high in my opinion, but Exmark didn't produce these machines to beat Walker in price, they made them to beat them in performance and durability to stop the down time which have become a stigma of owning a Walker.

We price this unit at 10,899. This price is competitve with Walker, and still alows us to make some profit, and is 600 dollars under sale price.

Again, walking out the door for under 9 grand on a Navigator is crazy. I don't know how you got that price, but it was a steal. That is way under dealer cost. In fact, that is closer to bid pricing. I have to wonder if your dealer cooked the books a little to hook you up. That's a dedicated dealer to help you out, but can put their dealership at risk. Either way, again, good deal and hope your happy with your purchase.

7. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer sells the 27 Kohler 48" deck for $9,900 I think or somewhere around there. They also sell Artic Cat Atv's and thats their main profit. Thats probably why the mowers are so cheap. They really hook me up!!!

8. tallimeca

seems like they are selling equipment at cost. Dont' know how they do it?????????

If i could sell them that cheap and make enough to make it worth my while, i'd do it all day long.