price quote on service pkg

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Feb 10, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

can u guys please give me a quote on a full service pkg. customer seems to think im way over. property size=3750 sq. ft. of turf. we do 32 cuts, with wacking and edging, loading and unloading, 25-30 min. spring cleanup, 1.5 hrs, 3 yds debris to be hauled off to dump(dumping fees are $45) fall cleanup, 4 visits in november at approx 1 hr each, 2 visits in december at approx 1 each. all disposal for fall is curbside. this area is loaded with oak trees, extremely high maintenance. weekly cleanups are done from june first through october 30 this includes blowing beds and walkways clean of acorns twigs and leaves, and blow everything down to the street, which is loaded with the same plus sycamore leaves and bark, sweep everything up, and put in barrels (customer supplied) this takes at least 20 min a week. and also a fert program , to include pre em, weed treatment, merit, 4 ferts and one winter fert +lime. i need a fee for thiswhole program. work done with 2 men. 48 walk behinds, backpack blowers.

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a lot of walk behinds!:D Sorry I have nothing better to add.

3. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby Is it safe to assume that all these labor times are with 2 people working???

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

5. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

$275/month 12 month contract

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

thanx dude. and WOW! . am i a lowballer or what? she was upset about my price, imagine if she saw that. thanx again

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

lawns and mower, please contact me on my email. its bobbygedd@aol. this lawnsite private message doesnt work right for me

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If your mowing is a total time of 30 minutes (15min per man) then I would have charged her $25/cut or $800 for the season. If your talking 30 min each (60 min total) then it would be billed at $32/cut or $1024 for the season.

Your SCU appears to be 1.5/hrs x 2 man crew = 3 man/hrs or $90

Your FCU appear to be 6/hrs x 2 man crew = 12 man/hrs or $360

The Ornamental Bed Mgmt extra curricular activities will probably eat up approx 20 man/hrs or $600

Fert Program incl. Lime would be $300 for 9 apps

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I came up with around $150 w/12 month contract. Maybe I mis-calculated.