price quote

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bobbygedd, Apr 7, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

bid a job last week, was just wondering what u guys would bid. no bashing, just curious. 2 hrs of bed edging(by hand), 2 stone walls of moss rock(grey boulders) 7 feet long x2.5 feet high. 8.5 ton of 3/4 inch red stone, 1 ton of inch and a half pink marble. weed barrier to cover about 850 sq ft. 2 yds of topsoil, 8 perennials(my cost $9 each). thanx

2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Since the bed edging is by hand and I have two hands, I would charge double. For the moss rock I would charge for the plain rock and then double for the moss. For the perennials, since they have an average life span of 8-10 years I would charge 8-10 times their original cost. Sorry Bobby, I couldn't resist after reading your lawn program rates. Good luck.

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

u know what man, that was plain stupid. i charge the going rate for proffesional companies in my area. heck, one guy said i was overpriced, and in the next sentance said he doesnt fert anymore cus there is no money in it.

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

How much total time do you estimate? Also I don't get my gravel by the ton, I get it by the yard. Approx yardage?

5. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

How far from truck do you have to move material? That's a lot of stone to move by wheelbarrow. I would say $2600 - $2900 assuming it's not too difficult.

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

the site is easily accessible. stone will be dumped, and then wheelbarrowed about 50 feet max. 1 yard=1ton.

7. paponte

$2995.00 :D

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

well thank u popante, that was very nice of you.

9. paponte

Is that in the range of what you were estimating? I would have a machine on the job, and would pick up all my materials so It would take minimal time. :cool:

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

well p, this time im the lowballer. i came in at a whopping $2200. i guess no one else has a brain here, thanks again