Price Structure models!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawns By Randy, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Lawns By Randy

Lawns By Randy LawnSite Member

Ok, heres the problem I need a price structure or model I mean its easy to break even or even make a little money but how do some of the larger companies charge surely there is a model or structure or formula for figuring vehicle fuel, equipment fuel and maint., and time to do a job plus labor how do you guys formulate around all this?:eek:

2. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Do what I did a while ago and use the search function on this website.
    Only you can figure your own costs; every time you add a piece of equip or employee you need to recalculate the costs of doing business.
    Call around to the big guys and ask them what they charge. The problem with is that they can cover some of their costs through their entire operation and therefore offer better prices for certain activities.

3. Lawns By Randy

Lawns By Randy LawnSite Member

I dont really have a hard time giving a bid for just mowing and the basic yard work its the things that you know are going to take a whole day or two thats the type of jobs I like to figure hourly cause the truth is anything, whether its a price by the job or a price by the hour or the minute or even sec it all breaks down so the jobs that i charge by the job its still going to break down hourly?? see what I mean?

4. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

So bill them as time and materials but give them a estimate that wont go +/- 15 % unless they change something