price the biggest yard i ever mowed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 22, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

this is, by far, the largest ever for me: 15,000 sq ft of wide open turf area. no bagging of clippings. moderate weed wacking, and minimal blowing. no edging. how much to mow, and how much to fert? the fert is a standard granular program (no grub) 3 ferts, one crab, one broadleaf, one lime (if i feel like it). i underpriced this by quite a bit. havn't made this mistake in quite some time, but i never looked at the property b4 bidding, just did a drive by, couldn't see the entire back yard. this is what happens when you're in a hurry. anyhow, he is signed up and i'm stuck with it, i'll make it up by "tweaking" the trimming + mulch price. how much would u charge for the mowing + ferts?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$45 to mow...$75 to fert.
  3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

15,000 square feet, that's it?
    my largest yard is 3.5 acres or 152,460 square feet, and my smallest yard is 35,000 square feet
  4. rodfather

So what are you trying to say?

Our largest residential is 609,840,000 square feet, smallest I have no clue and don't care right at this moment. BG is trying to get an idea of mowing and fertiizing $$$ larger than normal props for him is all and just asking for some input.
  5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

dam thats big my biggest is about 3 acres.
  6. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'd probably price the mowing at about $40, fert at $60. My minimum pricing is $25 for mowing, $35 for fert. I price fert at $4/k sf., I don't know how you price it, I guess it depends on your market.
  7. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

You mean to tell us that all the yrs you have been doing this...Thats your biggest Lot ever...LOL
    Ok 70 to cut 90 for 3 fert =160 Plus Tax
  8. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

$40-45 per cut. depends on trimming, edging etc. $65-75 per application.
  9. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

$40 to mow.

Not sure on the fert. No license.
  10. rodfather

another brainiac with just 1 whole year in figures:laugh: