Price this double lot please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by genoaustin, Jan 28, 2004.

1. genoaustin

genoaustin LawnSite Member

I have a cul de sac lawn that I need to price - 0.4 acres (17000 sq ft), but divided up into 5 sections by fenced back yard with 2 dog fences, and left and right front yards. So the are areas of 3500, 1500, 8250, 1500, and 2000 sq ft. Trimming and edging the back and front yards (fences, pool, flowerbeds) amounts to 1200 linear feet.

I find that all those fences really add time. The two passes around the perimeters of yards take forever.

I think that it should be around $60-70.

On our privacy fences, there is a gap behind the vertical 4x4 that allows grass to grow, but is hard to get at. What do you do for that? trimmer, block it in?
  2. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Roundup and charge for it between the fences. Really hard to charge and I have gotten away from this lawn it this size and trying to match it up with what others charge or what 'claim' they charge as far as simple mowing. Really, you need to know or approximate how long it will take and charge what you earn or would like to earn hourly.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Here's the money question. How big are the openings in the fences for the mower to go through?
  4. genoaustin

genoaustin LawnSite Member

Yes, sorry. 40" for 4 of the gates, 36 one of the ones in the middle, so you have to have a 32 or go all the way around the front to finish the back.