Price this patio??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Coumbe, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

There are 2 small ground cover beds(12' by 15' each) that have a flagstone path running through them(flagstone has about 12" gaps filled with crushed gravel or something). The owner wants to make it all one big patio. It all ready has steal edging all the way around it and it is all on level ground. I have done very little landscaping in the past but I think this should be fairly simple. What do you all think???????????

2. Coumbe

Any help????? Please

3. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Doing a job like this is very simple if you know what you are doing. Everyone thinks doing pavers and retaining walls is simple. It is not rocket science by any means. However, there is a learning curve involved.

I have been doing pavers for almost a decade now, and I still learns something on every job.

My point is: just because you think it is a simple project and an easy one does not mean it neccesarily is for a novice.

Peace,

Rex

PAVERSINSTALLED.COM

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Post some pictures, That way you can get some good pointers from some of the vets like Rex on this topic or job.

5. Coumbe

I will take some pics and put them on soon.

6. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Yes get advice before you start, and when you think you have a total add 25% to it to make sure you are going to make money off it. Even the simplest patios can turn into nightmares if you underbid the project.

Trust me, this is from experience in something you do not want to go through