Price this Trailer.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SchultzLawnCare, Jan 31, 2008.

1. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe a grand or so. With an auction, its one of those things you have to go to. Might go high, might go low. Dont you think that it might be tough to get z's on? It looks like just a basic car hauler.
  3. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

around here $1100.00
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

it doesnt have a side rail on it....which there is no rule that says it has too....I figure it will bring 1500-1800....hard to say really but trailers generally bring good money

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I bought one very similiar for $1000. Strap your mowers down good with about 4 straps each though...don't ask why I said
  6. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

hah, i take it you might have learned the hard way :]
  7. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

$1500 is going to be my guess. If you buy it, get some 3/16 angle iron and weld you on some uprights then slap a piece across the top of them running long ways down the length of the trailer, then get some expanded metal ($48 per 4'x8' sheet) and close her in. Or you could just go buy a new landscape trailer that comes with all the goodies for about 2 grand. Either way would work.
  8. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

That is way overkill for ZTR's. Why ruin your gas milage?
  9. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

That trailer won't hurt his mpg's. There's no gate on the back and that is what makes a trailer hard to pull. This is basically a car hauler trailer probably 7K GVW, in my area new they go for $1500 NEW w/ wood floor (that metal floor looks pretty slippery)
  10. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a 07' Dodge heavy duty 3/4 ton with a 5.9 Cummins with mud grips all the way around. It's not chipped and has the stock muffler on with 4" exhaust. I get 19 on the Interstate not pulling anything, with just me and the wife in it, not tools, boxes, etc... When I pull my 16' landscape trailer that you see in the picture there with 2 ZTRs and all my equipment I get about 12 and 13 mpg.