(((((((Price This)))))))

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gatewayuser, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

What would your price be on this job per year? Commercial property 8 1/2 hrs mowing with a 52" wb 6mph cut at 2 3/4". 2hrs trimming 1/2 hr blowing 1/2 edging and only 2 miles away 33 cuts per year . I will say what my price came out to be after 10 posts.

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i would say in the ballpark of $350 to $400 per cut .
  3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

$600 per cut?
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I think more important than the price is that you don't have the proper equipment (and maybe manpower) to do this job. You said 8.5 hours of WB cutting at 6MPH....well that's the perfect "advertisement world" cause as a solo you will not be able to maintain (even on a sulky/velky) a 6MPH pace for 8.5 straight hours esp in the hot months...then throw in the other 3 hours of trimming (2 hours a day on 1 prop is a monster) edging and blowing and shoot all I can say is it better pay WAY more than it should.
  5. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

500-550 per cut. Considered getting a ztr instead of the walkbehind?
  6. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

400-475, have to see the prop to know for sure, higher if there are not a lot of large open areas.
  7. Gatewayuser

Did I say I have 1 crew I said it would take a 52" that long to mow it. It just make it easier for everyone to price. I will have at least 2 52" WB I might put a 60" on it too, also one person will be blowing and trimming. Also I take care of two large cemeteries and have been for the last 2 years, now thats a whole lot of trimming 5 1/2 hrs and another 5hrs mowing.
  8. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

4XX something.

Are you an applicator so you can use a growth regulator on parts of it to lessen trimming?
  9. Gatewayuser

I would like to use a ztr but its to hilly and can't be mowed going up and down but has to be done sideways. Thanks
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would bid $950/mo for 12 month contact.