(((((Price This)))))

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gatewayuser, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Fertilizing 90,000 sq ft with 19-19-19 at $17.23 per 50# bag. Thanks

2. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

that seems awful high for trip 19

3. Gatewayuser

Sorry I should have said its poly-vex.

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

if i could ask, what is it with 19-19-19? i heard this last spring in a decussion. does lesco have an over abundance of this laying around or what? if it is a new seeding maybe, but for a reg lawn?

anyway, 90k(tot sq.ft.)/9.5k(tot sq.ft.bag)=9.5 bags x $17.23=$163.69cost + $8.18(figure 5% for overlap)=$171.87(total fert cost) + labor (about 1hr 30min. this incl load/unload perma green) + weed control @ 30k= $10 (this would be w/o see what you have)

fert - $171.87
    weed - $10.00
    -------------------
    cost - $181.87
    mark/up 33% - $60.02
    ----------------------------------
    mat tot - $241.89
    labor 1.30min @ $100hr - $150.00
    -----------------------------------
    total $391.89

5. Gatewayuser

I was thinking around $500.
    19-19-19 is what most of the soil tests in my area come back as and what is needed (test not done by lesco), and it seems to work the best. Thanks

6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

$500 is even better.
    you have seen the property and know what the area will handle, if others are bidding and so-forth, res/comm, etc. home owners might not be as willing to drop $500 like comm. if trugreen bids it, they will kill us all at $30:eek:

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Figure it out your self.
    90000sq ft with 19x3 17.23 per 50 lbs..... Now what rate. Is it slow release? Too many varibles.
    Figure this out. Cool season turf. 7 lbs of N per year. Now figure out how much N is in your bag. / by how many times per year. Now you know how much fert you need per year. Now figure out what ferts you are using and get your price for your materials. Now figure in equiptment costs and then your labor rate.
    This is the price you need to make money.
    For me that is rounded to 2 acres to make it easy. I usually do a 2 acre for 25 stop and 5-10 per K. min fert cost. add in pre M, Broad leaf, grassy weed, and fung and you add ontop of the that. Over an acre I usually drop the stop fee as I will land more and have enough coverage to get me there in materials and time.

8. Gatewayuser

I know what your saying about trugreen but they hate me because I take customers away from them because of quality. There is only one other comp bidding and this is just a little part of the bid the rest is about $35,000 and they want the fert done 3 times a year. Thanks

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I could push 2 acres in an hour and a half let alone use a perma green.
    If you want the job bid it acordingly. I figure you could still make good money at 300 if you bid the right material. 19-19-19 is not going to cut it. Nor is 3 apps. I would bid a 21-15-8 or sim at right at 13.80 a bag 60% slow. 5 apps min. Figure right at 6 bags max in a earthway. Would take 1.5 drive included and pickup of materials. Add in broad and pre M at 1.5 cost + stop. with a mix you are making good money. Take a small profit on a straight fert app and rake it in on the broad post, prem and grassy post
    At 300 on a reg fert job that is still 200 profit. for an hour and a half.

10. Gatewayuser

They only want 3 apps with no herbicide