Price this!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kaufmaninc, Mar 29, 2003.

1. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Price separately so I can make sure that I'm doing this correctly.
    1) 700 Linear ft. of Edging (weekly)
    2) 780 Linear ft of String (weekly)
    3) 3000 sq. ft of blow.

As far as the terrain for mowing, there isn't any obstacles nor hills to contend with. It is a little rough, I'd say 5-7 mph & more in some places but not much more.

It's got 4.81 acres with 1.82 acres mow able on a weekly bases & another 2.01 acres they want every other week. This 2.01 bothers me every other week. Should I give them a discounted rate to get them to mow it weekly? If so, based on the information that i've given, what would ya'll quote? I need to have this to them come Monday.

I'll either be using a 48, 52 or 60 in. ZTR.

2. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

This is a church, not residence

3. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

It should not matter whether you have a 48" or a 72" cut. Someone here once said, and I beleive it was 65hoss, that they bid everything with the thought in mind that they will be using a 36" walkbehind.

You need to know your costs before you can know what is profitable.

I charge 3x for every other week mowing because I do not like doing it. It is rough on the equipment and It never looks right.

I would bid between $250-$400 per week for it all depending on what my eyeballs tell me.

4. It was me who said they bid using a 52" WB, and we use 60" ZTR's everywhere they will fit.

If you need the work a small discount for making it a weekly could do some good. Chances are they have a limited budget, and might not take it. Also specify a weekly price and a EOW price if they are going to differ, this way no one misinterprets any pricing, and you protect your self on a lower bid.

The pricing you are on your own, I don't know what you need to make to put food on the table.

5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

3000 square foot of blow =millions :D

6. Not snow in July...........:rolleyes:

7. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Ahhh.... blow. I get it. (took me a sec.)

I would price it whatever it takes for you to make a profit. You know how long you will be there, and how much you need an hour to pay the bills and put some coin in your pocket.

Charge accordingly.