1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

price to dump

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DBL, Aug 20, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

just wondering what everyone pays to dump we dump ours on this guys land who every month he just rolls over it with a bulldozer and thats the end of that but for like a full pick up bed its like $20 and like $35 for a trailer load of what ever (dirt limbs debris) is this an alright price or what hes only a five ten minute drive from our shop
  2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We pay $40 a ton for grass. Everything else we get charged by the yard, and it varies from site to site and for material. :)
  3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Varies by material, leaves are $8.00 per yard, brush is like $12.00 per yard, spring cleanup debris is like $14.00 per yard.
  4. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

In Cecil County yard debris (up to 3" in diameter), shrubs, limbs, leaves & grass are FREE.

All other common trash/appliances& furniture is $52.00 per ton.
  5. Mowing Mike

Mowing Mike LawnSite Member

Here I pay $30 a single axel dump load. It dont matter if its a one ton or whatever. My truck holds 26 yards, so its not bad at $30 a load. If you take it to the city dump its $40 per ton. Look around your area for a LCID landfill, they are usually cheaper than the city or county landfill.

6. DBL

yeah the boro offers free dumping if it came from an adress inside the boro
  7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

county dumps here weigh you in and out.............$60 per ton

other places.........that only take brush or debris that they turn to mulch/compost and sell back to you just look at your truck and charge you............my 10,000 GW dump trailer full would be like $50
  8. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

Come down here with PA plates and these necks will treat you like a red headed stepchild.:nono:
    They are rude as is to the actual residents. :rolleyes:

I do some work up in Chester County (Church & Walnut St.'s in West Chester to be exact). I bring all my trash home with me, no sense in even trying to get rid of anything up there.
  9. DBL

i actually live further down on church
  10. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

wow, yall got it good. I have to pay 32 per ton for brush, 47.50 a ton for yard waste or bulk leaves and 57 a ton for trash. This is all at the local transfer station in fairfax county VA.