Price to install pine straw?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cleve, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

I did ask this same question in the middle of an earlier thread but no one ever answered.
    I just don't like to install pinestraw as a mulch but it is just about required in this area. Almost everyone wants it all around their house and plants.
    What do you charge to put it in? This includes having to pick it up and delivery to the customer.
    Assuming the cost per bale around $3.00 +/-. Have paid as low as $2.65 and as high as $3.45. The most I want to pick up at any time would be around 100 bales. Just too hard to keep up with.
    I have tried subs to do this on a few occasions but ended up getting cheated every time.
    Thanks for any answers.
    Cleve....

2. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

Cleve, I get short needle for $2.60/bale and long needle for $3.00/bale. I charge $3.25/bale for short needle to be delivered, and $3.50/bale for long needle to be delivered. Or $5.00/bale delivered and spread.

3. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

Cleve
    I usually By @ 2.25/bale, deliver 2.90/bale,Install 4.00/bale

4. mountain man

mountain man LawnSite Member

We are in North Carolina instead of Georgia, but none of the companies I know of will spread for less than $7.00 per bale. Almost all of my jobs this January were at either $7.50 or $8.00 per bale. Also, don't forget to factor in a cleanup fee if there are leaves or debris that needs to be picked up.

5. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

We carge 8.00 a pale,delivered and spread.
    Dave

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

How you get that stuff in a pale????????????? :D

I'm glad ya'll brought this up, I have some to put out real soon and I'm sure I would have given it away if I hadn't read this.

Knowledge is POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH UGH

7. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

Homer,
    Last landscape job,100 bales delivered.You do the math.
    Dave

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

5 DOLLARS PER PUT OUT .You would get all
    you wanted around here.

9. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

What are you guys paying per bale ing North Carolina? Maybe I should just start charging $7.00/bale no matter what cost is. That means more money for me, and that's fine with me. I can use all the money I can get.

10. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Man, we are getting fleeced around here. We have to pay 4 bucks a bale for the long needle straw. Spread for 7.50 per delivered.