1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price to install shrubs/trees

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by buryanek, Feb 17, 2007.

1. buryanek

buryanek LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hello all,

I need help with a customer that has requested an estimate to install 18 large bushes or trees that will come up about 5 ft in height with a spacing of 3 ft. This will be along the back of a wire fence of 60 ft that he wants to hide. I live in South Florida. Any suggestions, prices. Thank you
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure about down here, but up here, it is usually right around 2x the retail price for the stock delivered and installed. We pay wholesale for it, of course.
  3. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

3X the price!! Covers you, your warranty, and anything else that gets messed up:walking:
  4. wnccutter

wnccutter LawnSite Member

...that's a little tight with the spacing of the trees...and I'm already assuming they are evergreens...don't forget any costs for mulch, fertilizer, line and stakes, initial planting irrigation or any subsequent irrigation, water hose if he does not have one, planting mix...and etc...check for girdling and let the seller know they are coming back if they are...etc...don't be afraid to bid what it will cost you and for all the time you are going to put in it...when planting hedges or trees it's easy to end up working for free if your not careful...believe me...I know...:cry:
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

plus a bit for a fudge factor, dont forget if some of them die you may end up haveing to replace them..