Price TO Plant

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grasssin, Oct 19, 2003.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a job to plant around 45 plants with 4 of them being crepe myrtles over 12 feet tall. The rest of the plants are azelia bushes and smaller crepe myrtels. This is my first plant job and think it will take me about 8 hours to complete. Any suggestions on what to charge for labor?

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I mark up my plants about 30%, then charge $35.00/man hour.

3. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

Did they give you the job without a bid??!!

There are a lot of variables to pricing, and many different ways to do it.

Tell us a little about the site, the plant sizes, are they B&B or container, your price on the material, prep work needed, etc.

Bryan

4. grasssin

The plants will be planted around a double townhouse. THe customer has already bought all the plants and supplies. All I have to do is plant them in the ground. THey are all container plants. Noting again that this is my first time doing this. Four of the crepe myrtles are over twelve feet tall, there are azzailes (sp?) numbering 12 about 3 feet tall and then about 30 shrubs. I will be digging with handtools only. There is already a garden where the plants will be going all I have to do is dig. any help will be appreciated.

5. grasssin

THanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it

6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Id charge roughly $200 labor. All those plants would take me about 3 hours to complete.

Just be sure not to plant them too deep. Usually raise the plant crown about 1 inch above the soil surface.
    Will you be mulching around them after planted?

7. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

So 42 shrubs of I guess 3-5 gallon size, and 4 crepes of 20 gallon (?) size, without prep work, I'd probably ask around $300, more if there has been no prep work and the ground is hard.

Bryan

8. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

So 42 shrubs of I guess 3-5 gallon size, and 4 crepes of 20 gallon (?) size, without prep work, I'd probably ask around $300, more if there has been no prep work and the ground is hard.

Bryan