Price to power rake 2 acres??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGG, Apr 12, 2004.

1. TGG

TGG LawnSite Member

Wide open 2 acres to straight power rake and clean up thatch. what is a ball park.

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

whatever you think it is worth. Why do you offer it if you dont know how to price it?

3. TGG

TGG LawnSite Member

I received a call because of my the signs I put up. Seeing as I have been in business for a whole week I'm just looking for some advice not someone to question my practices. I have an idea but was just looking for some input. So thanks for yours!!!

4. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

LET IT GROW

Quote me where i told you how to run you business. If you can show me i will stand corrected, i dont think i did.

Name calling? cant say I did that either.

Criticizing..Yes

This guy is a real joke. This is one of his posts.

Just another &^%$# ass kid.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Chill out!
    Price what you want? Do you want someone to tell you how to piss too? If you have an idea tell us your price then compare, instead of asking for someone elses price first.

trevor

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Power raking and cleaning up 2 acres is an all day job for 1 person. It's also back breaking work so set the price high enough to compensate you for physical beating you'll be taking. Personally that type of work doesn't appeal to me, but if the price is right I'll do it.

$500 plus any rental costs for equipment. Don't forget hauling and disposal costs.

7. Trevors Lawn Care

$995 but thats just my price.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

$800 with equipment. 2 guys, 1/2 day.

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I do a 2.5 acre property for $1000 and i own a parker power dethatcher. Takes all dame day. First mow the lawn to 2", run the rake(mark those sprinker heads, unless you have spring tines like mine), then mow the lawn again and again until you have gotten up all the thatch with a trac vac or a grassgobblerwith a leafgobble on it. You will fill an entire 8 foot dump truck to the top with thatch.

10. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

In my area power raking is any where from $10-$14 a 1,000 sqf. 43,560 sqf in an acre. It would be 87,120(87,000 sqf) for 2 acres. so take 87 times $10, $12 or what ever you charge per K. I would probably do something that size for $10 a K. So I would charge them $870.

Since you've only been is business for a week I'll assume you will need to rent a machine. In my area they are $50-$65 a day to rent. Depending on where you rent from and if you get one with a bag or not. If you can line up enough work ahead of time you can get a much cheaper rate by renting it for a week.

So either ad on the rental charge or eat the cost of renting. I would eat the rental cost. So after eating the rental cost you would make just over $800 for a days work.

I hope this helped,

Brian