Price????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mrsar66, Nov 22, 2009.

1. mrsar66

mrsar66 LawnSite Member

I am looking to get into the lawn care business and have a few questions. The first having to do with price point. If I was looking to offer a 4 month lawn care service for residential customers, including one lime treatment one fertilizer treatment and about 14 cuts, how much should I charge? The second question is, how many average size yards (about ½ acre in size) would I be able to cut per week with a 3 person crew?
    Please note, the reason for the 4 month lawn care service is because that’s all that is needed here in Nova Scotia, Canada.

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

$75 per cut...somewhere in there. Maybe $50.00 if its a neighboring property

3. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Price can vary drastically from region to region; it would be best for you to call a few compainies in your area for an estimate on your house.

4. mrsar66

mrsar66 LawnSite Member

How much do you think for a yearly rate? I was thinking $500-$600 for an average house.

5. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

The only way to find an accurate answer is to get estimates. You aren't even in the same contry as most of us.

6. mrsar66

mrsar66 LawnSite Member

Thats $500-$600 for the whole season by the way.........I may have to just do what dubleedge said and just get a few quotes on my own lawn.

7. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto. Prices vary from town to town never mind country to country.

8. PestPro

PestPro LawnSite Member

I will tell you this, I am in Pest Control and my rate is 100.00 to 125.00 per hour.