price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jerome, Dec 1, 2002.

1. jerome

jerome LawnSite Member
    from alabama

does 700.00 sound like a good price for a 2000 gravely 150 with a 36 inch deck double wheel sulky .I am looking to start a part time lawn care business and looking form reasonably priced equipment.thanks

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it does.

3. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

Sounds good to me. Whats the HP? Make sure you look it over real well, check for worn spindle bearings, belts tires, bushings. Look for signs of excessive use if it has an hour meter how many hours. How does the oil look and does it seem to be burning any?
    Look it over real good you don't want to start spending money on repairs your first week out.

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not familiar with the gravely 150, my Gravelys are tractors with mower decks (and other attachments), but it seems to me to be a good price. A 2000, with a 36 deck? Go for it, I say. What kind of hours on it? Look underneath, hows it look? There is your best indication. If it looks pretty good underneath, jump on it.
    Crawdad

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's Damn good:)

6. jerome

jerome LawnSite Member
    from alabama

it has a 14 hp engine.thanks for the quick replys

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Could thisbe the one of ebay? I saw it after the buy it featurehad already been used. Thats a dam good deal!! I have had a gravely 36inch pro 150 for almost 8 years and it has not been back to the dealer once for anything!!! Bullet proof machine...real nice quality of cut too!

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Run it until it gets hot, and then run it under a heavy load. THIS will tell you the truth. If the motors wore out, your looking at another $1000 to be put into it. You don't want that.:nono:

9. jerome

jerome LawnSite Member
    from alabama

yes it was the one on ebay.I took a chance and bought it.

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

let us know how it is. sounds like a good deal as long as it is in good condition.