priceing commercial sites

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by keylawns, Mar 14, 2003.

1. keylawns

keylawns LawnSite Member

How do you price the lawn

2. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I won't drop my gate for under 20 bucks even if I am only there for 5 minutes.

3. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Your can do it a number of ways. By the Sq ft, acre or by the hour. I price out by the acre. I know it take us X amount of time with this mower to cut an acre.
    My suggestion to you see if you can get permission to mow a park or some type of large area for free. Than time your self.
    Make sure you get permission otherwise you will get your self into big trouble. On commercial mower spec sheets they give ideas on how many acres/hour can be cut with that mower. I always use the lowest figure's. We all know that conditions are most of the time less than perfect.
    Travis

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Habits to get into. Know the square feet of your customers property and know how long it takes you. Also know what it takes you in the spring compared to summer. Get in this habit will all your customers. For the most part, I time study every property I mow, every-time I mow it. I might not write it down, but I am constantly look at my watch and guessing when we will finish and when we get to the next property. Just a good habit to get into. Unfortunately I am not happy with my times, but I am using a Walker (one of the slower mowers out there). If I get some of these large commercials I am bidding, I will be getting one of those big red mowers.

MATT