Prices are out of control.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by The mayor, Jan 27, 2006.

1. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at last years prices on lescos dimension. Item# 080381. Last year it was $18.33 a bag. I just looked and it is $28.16. There must be someone else out there that offers a better price. I just about choked when I saw that much of a price jump.

2. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

how much npk in that product

3. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

what was the npk %

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a chunk allright, way more than the increase we are looking at. I spoke with my rep the other day and he said we are looking at a 15% increase across the board. Barricade granular was $16.44 per bag last year look for it to be around $18.91 this season.

5. The mayor

19-0-6 on the npk

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

And symbiot just paid for itself...............

7. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

Mayor, I can promise you that something is wrong with that price. LESCO's price-increase letter states that combination products (such as dimension with fert) went up as much as 10%. A ten percent increase puts you at 20.13, not 28.16. Call LESCO back and double-check that price.

Also, did you get this price from their website? You really shouldn't go off that to get your prices. Don't leave your prices in the hands of automation. Talk to the sales rep. Either way, like I said, I can promise you that your price is NOT $28.16.

8. The mayor

Jwturfguy, I did pull off the price from their website. I will call today and talk to the sales rep. It completely shocked me when I was overlooking last years invoices and saw such a huge jump.

9. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with that. 75% of the time the prices on their website are much higher than my actual cost. Heck, even my rep said not to go by the web prices. I need to talk to them this week as I checked last week and the prices are way higher than last year. He told me to expect a 10-15% increase this year when I talked to him back in November.

10. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

LESCO's price increase letter warned us to expect up to a 10% increase on combination products and up to 20% on straight fert.

Lebanon also warned their customers to expect a similar increase. My advice would be to think in terms of products that can get you more bang for your buck. Combination products, etc are a good way to save some money if you haven't already started with them. Don't be afraid to ask about other fert analyses that may be a little cheaper in cost while still delivering basically the results you want. (Note that I'm not advising everyone to buy garbage fert, but there may less expensive NPK analyses that offer the same high quality fert with less expensive NPK rates; talk to your sales rep). High N ferts went up considerably due to rising costs of urea and natural gas, as well as petroleum. Believe it or not, potash went up quite a bit, as well. So my advice is to take a second look at your programs and see if there's any room for tweaking without sacrificing quality.