Prices for leaf removal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnworker, Nov 19, 2007.

1. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Does it seem like people are not willing to pay as much for leaf removal services this fall? Mostly residential are trying to get by with paying less. It is like the holidays have them in a funk. This one customer needs a leaf clean up and wants to wait tell one last small tree drops its leafs before we start at a yet to be determined price- due to them not wanting to pay a lot. This fall/winter work never pans out well. Where do you guys find all the big money leaf clean ups?

2. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Good Lawn & landscape customers = good leaf customers. It takes time to establish a good base of quality customers. Ones that understand that gas prices increase the cost of everything: fertilizer, disposal(a big one), 2 cycle oil, etc!!!

3. its called three dollar a gallon gas and all the other crap going on, people are scared.

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe the economy going to hell in a hand basket has something to do with it?

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

We haven't even started cleanups yet and yes the leaves are piling up. I have called all my customers about getting started and some have called back saying this year there going to try and do them themselves and others said to wait until after thanksgiving or later. They don't want any cleanup work done until the last leaf falls. Last year we were doing cleanups until mid Dec.

6. Dhouse

Dhouse LawnSite Member

Alot of people are waiting until the last minute or they are doing it themselves. These people who do it themselves will see how hard and demanding cleanups really are

7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I just wont work my butt off for a smile and a thankyou, and thats what alot of customers are wanting to pay. Ive only had a couple cleanups and thats fine by me. Ive made up my mind that Ill bid what I want to be paid and if they dont want to pay it then Im not doing it. If your worried about losing them as a customer, you would prolly be better off without them.

8. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I think a lot of people have forgotten how much of a pain leafs can be.Maybe this will be the year of remembrance. After Thanksgiving will tell the tale.

I do think people are worried about the economy much more then last year. Plus the crazy late leaf drop and drought has really confused things

9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Economy effects everything nobody has faith in the government at least the smart ones don't....
    The Euro is more valuable then the dollar. The Dow Jones has more lows then ups, shall I go on...?

10. jawila

jawila LawnSite Member
    from Utah

The Canadian Dollar is more valuable than the U.S. Dollar! OUCH!

Time to be a better salesman.