prices for thatching, aerating, & overseeding?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Brown's LC & L, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Brown's LC & L

Brown's LC & L LawnSite Member

I want to get a better idea of what to charge for these services. The first time I did it I just estimated time, rental fees and product costs. I didn't know about the .0? cents / sq. ft. rate and undercharged, about .035 cents / sq. ft. for everything, thatching, aerating, over seeding & fertilizing. So what or how do some of you all charge for these services?

1. - aerating

2. - aerating & overseeding, w/ & w/out fertilizer

3. - thatching, aerating & overseeding, w/ & w/out fertilizer

Thanks for the help!

2. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

Best pricing strategy in my opinion is to price by labor hours, and add equipment rentals, gas, seed and fert on top. You can mark up all the extras within reason. To price well, you need to know how long your equipment will take you to do a specific area of land. Then use that as a benchmark for pricing, always refining with more jobs that come in.

Geoff

3. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea - remember market areas are going to differ. In general around here, you can aerate / seed for about $35 / 1000 aq ft.. Might seem high, but check your costs.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I aerate for 3 times the mowing rate and over seed at $35 per 1000sqf. If your going to aerate you shouldn't need to de thatch around here we never de-thatch much.