Prices for Trimming Hedges

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Ga.GrassCutter, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Ga.GrassCutter

Ga.GrassCutter LawnSite Member

I'm working in Central Georgia, and am wondering how do most of you charge to trim hedges ?

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Price it by the job, not by the hour. I usually will get a minimum of $65.00 and up to 6 or 8 hundred for larger commercial jobs. Dont know what the price would be in GA though

3. Rufscape

Rufscape LawnSite Member

$30.00 per man hour plus dumping fee and machine usage will do it....Just need to figure out how long you think its going to take your crew....Steve
    QUOTE=Ga.GrassCutter;1696614]I'm working in Central Georgia, and am wondering how do most of you charge to trim hedges ?[/QUOTE]

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Where are you located in GA?

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I'm in south Georgia and around here they expect you to do it for less than minimum wage:dizzy: I price it at 40 per hour or 45 if I have to get on a ladder. I don't give a d*mn if I ever trim another bush but if I do its going to be worth my while or daddy ain't doing it!

6. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I need help in bidding trimming shrubs as well. I was wondering about 40 per hour.

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

timmac, in my area even the big time LCO's are around 35-40 per hour. Most folks on this site say go for 60 per hour but it depend on your area. I hate doing it bad enough that the few I do win are going to be worthwhile and I don't mind it as bad when I'm getting decent $$$$ for it. I'm ashamed to say my first year in biz I did some for minumum wage but quickly smartened up. I actually did one for 4 an hour trying to get her yard away from the drunk she had doing her yard but did not do shrubs, can you say stupid!

8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

It depends on what kind of trimmers your using and how much experience you have trimming bushes. Your customers will not like the hour price and more than likely you will not get the job. Like pjslawncare said price it by the job so customers know what the price will be. If you dont have the experience to do this do some small jobs and time yourself to get an idea of what to charge. This is hot and very hard work especially on large jobs my biggest one has over 400 shrubs and we do that in about a day sometimes less depending on how hot it is and how many breaks.