Prices in your area

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by CBramble, Feb 12, 2008.

1. CBramble

CBramble LawnSite Member

Curious as to the price of what you pay per ton of sand, 2B crushed limestone and crushed concrete??

2. gsyardpros

gsyardpros LawnSite Member

Concrete sand $15 ton, Crushed concrete $12 ton/125 Truck load 12 tons

Thanks

3. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

2007 prices...havn't received 2008 yet from my supplier....mason sand $27.50 a yard....2A sub-base $14.50 a yard

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I am not quite sure why the rest of the nation has a fascination with selling stuff by the ton. Seems like that would be a PITA to have to get weighed every time you pick something up. Regardless, everything here is sold by the yard.

We don't have stuff like crushed concrete. But stuff like Masonry sand and crushed gravel is usually around $35-$45 per yard.

5. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

concrete sand is 14/ton
    dense grade 18/ton

If you buy your material from Quarries it is typically by weight if you buy from resellers then it is by volume. They however most likely buy it by weight from a quarry then mark it up and sell it to you.

Weighing in is no different than sitting and waiting for the loader to fill your truck all you do is pull onto a giant scale.

6. PatriotLandscape

from MA

we average aggregate out to be 1.5 tons per yard.

7. JimLewis

Yah, I know what it is. We have a few rock yards around here who sell the big rock by the ton. So we have to get wait in a line and get weighed before and then wait in a line and get weighed after. It's annoying as all he|| and it always takes 3 times as long to get in and out of those places.

8. PatriotLandscape

from MA

I guess the places around here are not as busy or faster. We rarely have to wait in line.

9. PatriotLandscape

from MA

Paying by weight is an acurate way to purchase material anyway. Sometimes when we are getting mulch there will be no difference between 4 yards or 6 yards all depends on who is in the machine. If it is the owner of the place is always on the light side though :)

10. JimLewis

Around here most all the places have bobcats with 1/2 yard and 1 yard scoops on them. So if they take the 1 yard scoop and it's full, it's a full yard. We just watch to make sure it's full and usually it's over-full. I don't think we ever get shorted on gravel or mulch. It's pretty easy to see when they are loading you up if the scoop is full or not. We're usually standing right next to the truck, watching.