Prices on 297C

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by GMUGNIER, Sep 17, 2007.

1. GMUGNIER

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

Hello all - can anyone tell me what the best prices you have seen on the 297 from CAT? I am getting a fully loaded machine - should be here by Nov 20 and was just trying to keep my local dealer honest like the rest of us.. - One more thing - the pattern control option control was not a option on the order sheet can anyone tell me if this is a dealer add item or if it from the factory - and what is the order code?

Thanks

Gus

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I would guess that the pattern changer is a factory option, but I could be mistaken. Now that the controls are E/H, it may only be a matter of adding some software to the system and the physical hardware to change between patterns may already be there.

3. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

the pattern selector is dealer install option, install a rocker switch and flash software and it is ready to go.

4. GMUGNIER

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

Ok - I feel better about the pattern control button - now for the prices - anyone?????

5. iron peddler

from midwest

how is configured...do you know what packages you ordered? comfort and performance? single speed? single or dual level suspension? etc. if you want to pm with that info and your price i will tell if it was fair.

6. GMUGNIER

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

It's got every option - except the rotating beacon

Equiped as follows:

258-3297 297C MULTI TERRAIN LOADER
    Standard Equipment:

CONTROLS -Electro/Hydraulic Implement Control, RH Electro/Hydraulic Hydrostatic Transmission Control, LH Hand and Foot Throttle

ELECTRICAL-12 Volt Electrical System90 Ampere AlternatorIgnition Key Start / Stop / Aux SwitchLights:- Gauge Backlighting- Two Rear Tail Lights- Rear Working Lights- Two Adjustable FrontHalogen Lights- Dome LightBackup AlarmHeavy Duty Battery, 880 CCAOPERATOR ENVIRONMENTGauges :- Fuel Level- Hour MeterOperator Warning System Indicators:- Air Filter Restriction- Alternator Output- Armrest Raised / OperatorOut of Seat- Engine Coolant Temperature- Engine Oil Pressure- Glow Plug Activation- Hydraulic Filter Restriction- Hydraulic Oil Temperature- Park Brake EngagesAdjustable Vinyl SeatFold In Ergonomic Contoured ArmrestControl Interlock System, when OperatorLeaves Seat or Armrest Raised :- Hydraulic System Disables- Hydrostatic Transmission Disables- Parking Brake EngagesROPS Cab, Open, Tilt UpFOPS, Level ITop and Rear WindowsDeluxe HeadlinerFloormatInterior Rear View Mirror12V Electric Socket,Horn

POWERTRAIN-Caterpillar 3044CDIT Tier II CompliantDiesel Engine 90 Net Horsepower @2500 RPM- Fuel Priming Pump Glow Plugs Starting Aid- Liquid Cooled, Direct InjectionAir Cleaner, Dual Element, Radial SealS-O-S Sampling Valves, Engine Oiland Hydraulic OilFilter, Spin on, HydraulicFilters, Bayonet-Type, Fueland Water SeparatorTilt Up Radiator / Hydraulic Oil CoolerMuffler, StandardSpring Applied, Hydraulically Released,Wet Multi Disc Parking BrakesHydrostatic TransmissionRubber Track Drive (18" Wide)
    200lbs Counterweights
    OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT-engine Enclosure - LockableExtended Life Antifreeze (-37C, -34F)Machine Tie Down Points (4)Coupler, MechanicalSupport, Lift ArmHydraulic Oil Level Sight GaugeRadiator Coolant Level Sight GaugeRadiator Expansion BottleCaterpillar Tough Guard* XT HoseAuxiliary, Hydraulics, Continuous FlowHeavy Duty Flat Faced Quick DisconnectsSplit D-Ring to Route Work Tool HosesAlong Side of Left Lift ArmElectrical Outlet, BeaconBelly Pan CleanoutPer SAE J818 May87 and ISO 5998: 1986Rated Operating Capacity :At 50% Tipping Load- 4200

258-3224 INSTRUCTIONS, ANSI, NACD
    258-4095 BELT, SEAT, 2"
    258-2519 ENGINE, TIER II COMPLIANT
    258-3791 QUICK COUPLER, HYDRAULIC
    258-2568 HYDRAULICS, HIGH FLOW XPS
    258-3681 ROPS, ENCLOSED WITH A/C (C3) Cup Holder, Radio Ready, Air Conditioner Including Heater/Defroster, Side Windows
    258-4330 SEAT, COMFORT, AIR SUSPENSION
    258-4080 DOOR, CAB, POLYCARBONATE
    258-3759 PACKAGE, PERFORMANCE, (M3) Dual Level Suspension Undercarriage, Self Level,Two-Speed, Advanced Machine Information and Control System (AMICS)
    233-5913 INSTRUCTIONS, ENGLISH

- and I know I am getting a fair price -but that is not what this thread is about - I am interested in what everybody else's prices are looking like -
    I basically want to know whats the best price I can get.

Please reply if you can help..

Thanks

Gus

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If the price sounds good to you, what are you waiting for? If you think getting prices on here and taking them into your dealer is going to do you any good or make them want to sell you a machine any more than they already do you're mistaken. If the price is fine with you and you don't feel like you're getting screwed, just bite the bullet. Haggling the dealer to save a few extra bucks will bite you down the road if you ever need anything in a pinch from this dealer. Just my .02

8. iron peddler

from midwest

have to agree with scag on this one, dealer to dealer pricing can be a little different, some dealers may be get better pricing than others based on volume of sales. if you are positive it is a fair deal and you and the salesman worked out then it likely was a fair deal for your market. i doubt a price i would give you would be much than 2 percent difference either way.

9. iron peddler

from midwest

oh the best price is what the servicing dealer in that area that you buying it from can give you...cause if another dealer out of the area gives you a better deal and still warranties it or has to travel to service it, would be silly to lowball the deal.

10. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys, it sounds like he's just trying to see what other people have paid for their machine to make sure he's not spending thousands more than he should. No offense to anyone, but why not just give him some figures if you know? At least a throw him a bone. I don't have any idea what they're selling for. The closest thing I've heard to a price is "about 5% more than a 287B" from a Cat salesman (which I'm guessing it's more than that).

Granted some guys will get better deals than others due to location and their relationship with their dealer and previous purchases. I don't blame him for checking on prices whether he thinks his quote is fair or not, especially if he hasn't bought from that particular dealer in the past. I'm not saying he should nickel and dime them to death, just keep them honest so it's an even deal to both parties.