1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Prices on a Isuzu NPR... Good Deal???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by greenscapes inc., Jan 24, 2007.

1. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I'm looking at a 2007 Izuzu NPR with a 16' Landscaper body on it. 48" Beaver tail. It has the 6.0 Gas Engine. Price for the truck, landscape body, trimmer racks, blower racks, water bottle rack and a few others is $31500.00 What do you guys think.. Good deal?? The body is made buy supreme and its john deere green.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

What size of truck is it a 1.5 or 2 ton if its either that is a good deal you can't even buy a cab and chassis Ford LCF 550 for under 47,000 dollars.

3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Does not sound to bad. I checked the same truck last year, and it was gonna be right at $30k...

4. greenscapes inc.

from Utah

I got them down to $27000.00. To me that seems like a pretty good deal for a brand new rig.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I would pass on the gas engin and get a diesel in the 175 HP+ range.

6. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

I disagree.

Save the money...If you're just hauling around mowers, etc..the diesel isn't needed for the power. Presumably, you're not putting a ton of miles on this truck since it's set up for mowing, so the increased fuel millage will take forever to be realized. Also, the maintenance on the 6.0 gas is much less.

Save the money, the 6.0 is just fine for what you're going to use it for.

7. greenscapes inc.

from Utah

I really dont need a diesel. I only put about 8000 Miles on my trucks during the summer months a year. The gas has 300 Hp. Almost 3500 more for a diesel

8. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

but in this case, I say go gas. BTW great move, you'll never go back to truck and trailer.

Look at the price per gallon difference, plus, little diesels do have torque they are just gutless. I have a Mitsubishi-Fuso, and just bought a 2007 Volvo roll-off truck. Now that's a real diesel engine, 1850 lb-ft of torque at 1,200 RPM. It's just crazy addictive torque. But its not the case for the micro diesels.

The gas motor will do just fine and will be cheaper to maintain.

When you say $3500 more for diesel, does that mean you could actually get one diesel for $30,500 or is is $35000 asking for the diesel?

Chances are, they won't negotiate as much on the diesel models, they know buyers are out there willing to pay a premium for diesel.

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

My GMC 3500 gets 7 miles to the gallon. Every 2 days it has to be filled up. My Mitsi gets 16 miles. I put 85000 miles on the Mitsi with out touching a thing on the truck other than the wireing. I'll take the diesel any day...

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My Fuso gets about 9 city-11 highway mpg. Ever since new, and I have taken careful measurements.

It's an automatic. I suspect you have a manual? Mine is a little longer.. bed is 16', but 2wd not 4wd.