prices on mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by man of stihl, Nov 11, 2007.

1. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

hey everyone. there is a local hardware store beside my mower dealer. i stopped in yesterday and they 3 ztrs. they have a toro 48inch 19 hp kawi for 5900 and a 44inch 17hp kawi for 5100. the first one is the turbo force deck. the other one is the srs deck. they also have a husky 21hp 48inch cut for 5500. these are all brand new units just leftovers they are trying to get rid of. are these good prices? i wanna run a bagger so is 17 hp on the 44 enough?

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

the toros sound like good prices to me. their commercial right?

3. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

knock him down another 300 bucks. hes doesnt want to sit on those machines all winter. at least give it a try.

4. man of stihl

yes these are all commercial units. he said he would give me the bagging system for the husky for 800 its a hard plastic double bin unit. so thats 6300. the baggers on the toro are gonna be 1500 cuz he has to order them. ya i was thinking bringing 5500 cash and seeing if he would take it for the turbo force toro... what u guys think?

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I think it will make a good sized deposit for him to hold it for you until you can come up with the other $400 +tax.

If he just recently got it in, it's likely not due on floor plan for a while yet, so why should he give up 80% of his profit on the machine so you can take it?

6. man of stihl

these are last years models. thats why

7. man of stihl

another dealer in my area will give me a kubota zd 23. 23 hp 54inch cut for 6800 plus a bagging unit are around 1200. is this a good price? are kubotas any better than the toro?