Prices on Seed!!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Harley-D, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if anyone would be willing to share info but it might really help some of us.

What prices are people paying for seed?:confused: East coast preferance.
    You can offer a per pound price or per 1000lb.

Three fescue blend

Fescue with blue

Fescue with rye

Heat tolerant blue (thermo blue)

Three rye blend

THanks in advance!:clapping:

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ive got a qoute on my desk now for $1.00 lb for lesco transition blend. Im in south central va. Where are ya at Harley?

wayne

3. Harley-D

The only city north of richmond and south of dc.
    The price on transition sounds good! Where you at? How much do you have to buy to get that price?

Anybody else with prices? Suppliers?

4. grass_cuttin_fool

Im about 35 miles south of Lynchburg, that was for 100 lbs I priced Rebel fescue from another supplier and it was $2.00 lb

wayne

5. Harley-D

I can't believe seed prices are that high!
    Did you check with herod? They opened a store somewhere in lynchburg or so i hear. Lesco is there too. I have a friend that worked down there for a little while and said lesco has a store there too. Guy named rick i guess is pretty good.

Anybody price seed through john deere?
    Just curious. I can't be loyal with prices that high.:rolleyes:

6. Reliable1

Reliable1 LawnSite Member

I called John Deere Landscapes Monday for their best blend and for 40 bags will cost me around $62 a bag. Not sure if I will be using JDL or not but I have to pass the increase on to the customer. The consistent tune that I am hearing is just as the cost of fuel has gone up so does the costs to run the same machinery that is used to plant and harvest the seed so the costs are passed on. Luckily I bought in the spring and locked in at $55.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

Yes Rick is the manager of the Lesco in Lynchburg, his signature is on this qoute I have. Ive only talked to him on the phone, I may go over there tom, going to be rainy

wayne

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I also got a quote for $1.00/lb. transition blend at Lesco. When I saw JDLandscapes price sheet, I couldn't believe it.:dizzy:

9. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am getting it for .96 per pound. Just put in a small order of 20,000 pounds though to get us started. It's up close to 8 dollars a bag over last year i believe?

10. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco in the Atlanta area is at the same price of $1.00/lb. That's up more than $.50 over what we paid last year.