1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by S man, Jul 18, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What is a good price to charge for a 1/4 or more lawn? I keep my prices low right now because most of my customers can't afford what the pros charge. So what price do you charge? payup
  2. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Its Simple. Find customers that can afford ur service!! :dizzy: You should at least have about a 25.00 minimum. Its hard to tell with out knowing how much mowing, trimming and blowing is. I pray to god that ur not charging less than 20.00
  3. S man

I have some that are 20 and most are above that. I trim egde and blow all my lawns. But some of the cheap lawns I mow want more than just the lawn cut for 20 for two weeks. They want the back yard raked up and all kinds of stuff. I told them you're getting a lot for 20 dollars right now. That other stuff is extra.
  4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Scott, With out looking directly at the property and doing a little walk around you not really can't get a straight answer from someone. Red oak brought up a good point have a minim that your willing to stop for like me for example I will not stop for less than $35.00 even if its a 12" X 12" square it's $35.00 no questions. I got a call on Sunday of last week a woman wanted a quote so I said ok I'll be out on Monday and to make a long story short she just about sh*t herself when I gave her my price. I looked over the property and figured out that I could do it for like $70+, I had asked if she had someone doing it before and she said yes so I asked how much when she told me my jaw dropped the "other guy" was charging $25.00. So I just walked away and did'nt look back.

Sorry for being so long winded.

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

for anything under a quarter acre, let $110 and acre be your guide. mowing small lawns, you have to charge a lot more per acre than if you were doing a four acre property. for instance, I would charge $60.00 an acre for a 4 acre property = $240 per cut. of course, the price goes up and down depending on the amount of trees, trimming, do I have to use a 36" because the gate won't let the Z in...... anyway, you get the idea. my minimum is $25.00, no matter what the size of the yard is. if it's an every other week, the minimum is $35.00.

just don't charge less than $100.00 per acre for anything under .5 acres.
  6. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Man it must be nice to live someplace where people will pay that, when your in a small town people will just go out and buy a mower rather than pay you

i live on a half an acre and no way in hell would i pay 100 bucks per cut nor would i ever charge that
  7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of Edger did you get Scott? :)
    You come on very professional howabout we tell everybody about how your looked upon on another forum.
  8. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

so go ahead, if you have something to say.
  9. S man

I have a redmax bcz2600s. I'm getting a stihl handheld or mclane edger after this season. Along with my bp blower and snapper rer.
  10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

notice I said PER ACRE, that would make your lawn a $50 a week lawn or $200 a month plus tax (approx $8.00).

no way I could get $100 for a 21,000 sqft lawn. maybe if it was full service and every thing, but other than that, no way.