1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KrayzKajun, Oct 16, 2006.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I have a customer who wants an acre cut, has 20 trees to weed eat around and small pond cleaned up around, they want this done every week. I have to drive about 25-30 minutes to get to this job. What would some of you veteran guys charge per week for this?? any help greatly appreciated.
  2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I don't know what the prices are around you. I will say $75 per mow. alot of trimming

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

How long will it take YOU!?

Drive time is no good, You will have more than 2 hours invested into this job each week and need to be getting well over $100. - $120
    My guess is somebody close will do it for 35. You will lose money if you do it for that!
  4. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You won't find me mowing an acre - 20 trees - a pond for $35.00 ... not even next door. Add an hour round trip drive time .... I don't think I would do it anyway. If I did ... it would be probably in the neighborhood of $100. - $110. becuase of the drive time. Now, if you can pick up 3 or 4 other jobs in the area, that helps a lot!

Like PM stated above .. price it by what it's going to take you. If you get it ... fine ... if you don't .. that's fine too.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

1 acre serviceable....I'd say 80-100 depending on the conditions. If its a 1 acre lot with house, driveway, pond, pool, etc. then I'd be in the 50-70 range.

The pond cleanup can vary depending on what you do. Add water, test water, feed fish, clean filter...some can be a pain in the arse. I'd assume about 20-30 minutes per week. Some days more, some days less. Anyhow, I'd figure on 40/hr for the pond maintenance. Or about an additional 15 bucks.

Total for me would be in the range of 95-110. Drive time of 1hr round trip should not matter once you get a few more accounts in the area.
  6. KrayzKajun

thanks guys
  7. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Ponds can be tricky. If clippings are left in the water they decay and rob the fish of oxygen. You need to get all or 99% of the clippings out. Easiest to do on a windy day that stays in one direction, blowing all clippings to one side. A rake works better on long clippings, short clippings stick best to a push broom. You don't want to be buying and replacing expensive koi or even catfish.
  8. KrayzKajun

this is a pond in the country, owner doesnt even know wht kind of fish are in it

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Probably country fish